Salon Guidelines COVID-19 Updated 31 October 2020
We will provide you, our customer, with a safe environment that complies with guidelines issued by the Government and local authority.
A note to our clients
Since we reopened in July 2020, we have had to make changes inline with official guidelines. We continue to follow official guidelines. Please can you read all the sections, as they outline the changes we have had to make in order to keep everyone safe.This first part below acts as a summary of what to expect.
- Please arrive on time, unless you have been contacted to let you know we are running late, in which case arrive at the new time we have advised you. Please arrive alone. Please don't be time-constrained when you arrive, as there could be delays especially in the first few weeks whilst we get accustomed to timings and our new way of working.
- You will arrive at our front door, and it may be locked, please gently knock if required to get our attention, and we will allow entry when it is safe for you to come in.
- You will be greeted and provided with hand sanitiser.
- We are providing a safe environment for our customers & staff, however this has come at a great financial cost, which in order for us to sustain we require to pass on some of this to our customers. PPE (customers & staff), sanitisation, and multiple other precautions require to be an ongoing necessity to comply with current government guidelines in keeping you safe. Prices for supplies fluctuate considerably as some items are still very scarce. We are also being eco-aware where possible, sourcing biodegradeable, recycleable, compostable supplies. As prices fluctuate up and down, so too will the charge we pass on. Included in the charge will be your personal PPE pack, which will include 3-ply face mask, tissues, bag for your belongings, refuse bag, a salon kit for the service you are having. The PPE charge is £2.95 for cut/styling services, and £3.30 for colour/chemical services. For beauty customers, depending on your service, your PPE charge may be £1.50.
- Please arrive with minimal jacket/bag as we cannot use our cloakroom to store your belongings. You will need to place your items into the PPE kit bag provided, which is a normal size carrier bag, and your belongings must be kept with you whilst in the salon.
- You will be taken directly over to your stylist's position, which will have been sanitised in readiness. Please then remove your own mask and put on your new mask from PPE kit (this prevents cross-contamination from your own mask), before receiving your consultation.
- Beauty therapist/Stylist and assistant will have on their PPE which may include a visor for any services where we are working in the 'breathing zone' (being near the eyes, nose, or mouth), (if visor is used a face covering will also be worn), and they will sanitise their hands before proceeding.
- Please hand your 'salon kit', which will be in your PPE kit, to the stylist/assistant and you will be gowned up with your hygienic disposable gown, and cape (for colour clients).
- After your consultation you will be taken to your designated backwash, we have directional paths for each position.
- Your hair will be dried with your disposable (compostable) towel from your salon kit, and you will be taken back to your designated position.
- We cannot serve refreshments, so please bring your own bottled water and snack if required.
- We cannot provide magazines, so please bring your own, or ebook, ipad etc. For customers having a colour service who wear spectacles, we will provide spectacle arm covers.
- Please dispose of any rubbish in the bag provided in your PPE kit.
- When your service is complete, please take away your PPE kit/bag, and any refuse you have also take away with you. If your disposable gown is in good condition, you can take it back in with you on your next visit (and we would enourage you to do this as a gown for life!).
- Please pay your bill by card. Contactless card covers up to £45, contactless on your mobile phone usually covers up to £200, we have a sneeze guard at reception, and if you need to use the pinpad we will have a strict regime for the safe use of this (please do not pay by cash if possible).
- Please rebook your next appointment before you leave, have a date in mind organised to save delays at reception. We will always require your email address and mobile number, and your new booking will be sent to you automatically. If you rebook this will help us immensly should there be any future changes and in case we need to extend your appointment times etc We are unlikely to have last minute appointments available for the forseeable future, so if you don't rebook you could have long delays in getting a future slot. Our current lockdown experience....clients who already had appointments booked in were prioritised, and clients making new bookings have had long delays in getting booked, some having to wait months.
We really appreciate your patience and understanding with all of these changes. Our staff will put every effort in to making you feel as relaxed as normal, whilst providing a safe environment for you to enjoy your time with us.
Please read our more in depth sections below.
1 OUR SALON
- We have undertaken a thorough review of our salon and services.
- We have rearranged the salon space to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Every surface will be cleaned regularly and wiped with the appropriate sanitiser between each appointment.
- All items of equipment will be disinfected before and after every service.
- Disposable gowns and towels will be used at all times.
- We will ensure adequate ventilation throughout the salon with doors and windows open where possible.
- We will, if required, extend opening hours and divide our teams into shifts whilst ensuring we retain social distancing.
2 OUR TEAM
- All team members are trained to care for our customers in a safe, hygenic and professional manner.
- We have agreed social distancing for our team in communal staff areas.
- Staff have been briefed to not attend the salon if they have a temperature, or are feeling unwell or if any person in their household is unwell or is self-isolating.
3 OUR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES
- We have reviewed our service menu and removed any that we feel will be unsafe at this time.
- Our team will wear gloves, face covering and/or visors including face covering and aprons on the salon floor and all team members will wash their hands before and after every client interaction.
- PPE will be replaced after every client.
- New clients may be required to have a virtual consultation depending on the service they require, to assess their service needs and ensure the right appointmnet time is allocated.
- In-salon consultations will be done at the styling station and via the mirror to minimise face-to-face interaction.
4 SERVICE & PPE PRICING
- Due to the unavoidable increased costs for the salon in meeting all the necessary guidelines to ensure a safe environment we have had no alternative but to increase some of our service prices. We are trying our best to keep these increases to the minimal, however due to a lack of immediate supply of some PPE items and salon supplies, the costs of these items have escalated. We are also operating on reduced numbers of staff resulting in less than normal services being carried out, as we want to act responsibly and ensure we are providing our staff and customers with the safety measures that are required of us.
- Our online/website prices may not be totally accurate whilst we are working out the new costs. If you have received a confirmation from our online booking system, the price could be incorrect. We reserve the right to change our prices without notification by a reasonable amount at any time.
- All customers will receive a PPE kit on arrival to the salon, this will include, bag for client jacket and/or handbag, bag for client to bin their rubbish and take away, face mask, tissues, 100% hygienic disposable gown, disposable & compostable towel. There will be PPE charge which includes your kit (PPE costs are £2.95 (cutting/styling services), £3.50 (colouring services), £1.50 (beauty services, depending on the beauty service).
5 CLIENT ARRIVAL AND RECEPTION
- We will not be accepting walk-ins, you must pre-book your appointment.
- We will stagger customer appointment times.
- When you arrive our front door may be locked, please knock gently and wait outside.
- We ask that you arrive on time, and on your own.
- It is important that you have given yourself plenty time for your appointment and not in a rush or on a short-term schedule.
- As we get accustomed to the new way of working and the new guidelines there may be extended delays, and we ask that you are patient and understanding with our staff.
- We will greet you warmly but without a handhsake or a hug.
- You must enter the salon with a face mask, but change this to the new one in your PPE pack when you are seated.
- Hand sanitiser must be used on entry to the salon.
- Clients must minimise what they bring as you will be asked to put any belongings into the bag we provide you with and must be kept with you. No cloakroom facility will be provided.
- We ask that clients attend their appointment alone.
- A sneeze guard will be installed at reception to enable your bill to be taken by method of card.
- We ask that you pay using card or cashless means where possible.
- You will be escorted to your stylists' section ASAP to avoid congestion in the waiting area.
- Waiting areas will be arranged to adhere to social distancing.
6 WE ASK YOU, OUR CUSTOMERS TO
- Arrive at the agreed time to maximise social distancing.
- To be patient with our staff and not to rush your stylist nor to be time-constrained in case of unexpected delays.
- To take off your own face covering and wear the face mask provided in your PPE kit provided by us once you are seated.
- To wash your hands or use the hand sanitisers before and after each service.
- We will not be serving refreshments, please bring your own water or juice, no cups or glasses will be provided.
- We will not have magazines in the salon.
- To remove all of your own rubbish/waste, a bag for this will be provided in your PPE kit.
- To take home your disposable gown and dispose of in your recyling bin.
- To take home your disposable towel. Scrummi towels are biodegradeable in 8 weeks and are compostable.
- To contact us and re-arrange your appointment, at no additional cost, if you have a temperature or are feeling unwell; or if any person in your household is unwell or is self-isolating.
- Do not come to the salon if you or anyone you live with is unwell or self-isolating.
- To rebook your next appointment before you leave. Check your diary in advance and have a date in mind to save delays at reception.
- We are happy to discuss any of your individual concerns, please feel free to call the salon on 01224582219, or speak to a member of the team, or email us email@example.com